After shooting two persons identified as Irebami Lawrence and Tolu at Club Cubana on Victoria Island, Lagos, on Wednesday, June 8, a special Lagos State Police Command team apprehended five officers attached to Grammy Award Winner Damini Ogulu, commonly known as Burna Boy, for attempted murder.
On Wednesday, a Twitter user known as theflowolf used his account to call out Burna Boy, alleging that the "singer's guys" were responsible for mayhem at a nightclub.
" My Guys came to 9ja from England & USA Respectively 4 a wedding. I invited dem out to club Cubana a petty altercation with Burna Boy's people arose (Cos of a woman). The next thing, Bullets started flying, one got scraped in the head by a bullet, and the other one got shot in the leg.
"When we rushed him to the Naval Medic Center, they said they had no blood, and he needed 3 pints of O+ blood; they said none of us could donate because we had been drinking from the club, and then my friend started to shake on the hospital bed like he was losing his life.
Good samaritan soldiers then offered to give a pint of blood each, which was then used to stabilize him. The doctor said the iPhone in his pocket, which the bullet went through, slowed down the bullet making it less fatal; the iPhone saved his life."
When the singer spotted another woman, he was in the VIP section with three other women. He was said to have invited the woman to accompany him. The lady was, unbeknownst to him, with her husband, who became enraged and accused the singer of making passes on his wife while he was with her.
Burna Boy allegedly made new passes at the woman after a few minutes. This upset her spouse even more, as did his buddies at the club.
"As things were getting heated, Ibrahim (Police officer)brought out his service pistol and shot multiple times while Burna Boy was laughing," said a senior policeman.
In the altercations, 27-year-old Lawrence was shot in the thigh and Tolu, his friend, was hit in the head by a bullet. This caused a commotion in the club.
It was learnt that Burna Boy and his crew immediately left the scene and drove off to one of his properties at the Elegushi end of the Lekki-Epe Expressway before leaving for Lekki Phase 1.©Standard Gazette, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s publisher is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Standard Gazette with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.