Baga was on Wednesday fully captured by the terrorist sect, Boko Haram, who set buildings in the border town ablaze.

Some of the people, who fled the town after the Wednesday’s attack, told journalists in Maiduguri on Thursday that the militant came down on the town with tougher force.
Modu Gana, one of the fleeing persons, said many corpses laid on the streets while other bodies had started decomposing.
He said, “We had to flee into Maiduguri through the bushes; many corpses laid on the street while many have started decomposing.”
A man, who identified himself as Musa Alhaji Bukar, a senior government official, had told the BBC that Boko Haram fighters burnt down almost the entire town on Wednesday, having overran a military base on Saturday.
Bukar feared that about 2,000 people might have been killed in the raids.
Earlier on Monday, Senator Maina Maaji Lawan, representing Borno North at the Senate, said Boko Haram controlled 70 per cent of Borno State, which is worst-affected by the insurgency.
Bukar added that fleeing residents told him that the town, which had a population of about 10,000, was now “virtually non-existent.”



