Igueben Train Attack: Six victims regain freedom as police hunt for more
Edo state government has confirmed that 6 train kidnapped Persons in Igueben, Edo state, have so far been rescued by security agents who are currently combing the bush in the area.
The statement said, "We are happy to announce that six (6) persons have been rescued. The six persons include a 65-year-old man, a nursing mother with her baby, a 6-year-old girl and two siblings, aged two and five years old.
A statement by the Edo state commissioner for Communication, Mr Chris Osa Nehikhare, commended the efforts of the rescue team in the bushes and their support men that have been working tirelessly since the incident occurred on Saturday.
He assured that other kidnapped passengers would be rescued and reunited with their families.
The statement said the highly motivated security personnel are in high spirits and have doubled down on the hot chase of the kidnappers.
The statement further said, "As events unfold in the bushes, be assured that we will keep you posted, and we crave the support of all stakeholders, particularly the media, to stay with the facts and avoid sensational reports that could further inflict emotional pain on the families and friends of the victims who are already in distress.
The statement again said " "Operation Bush Combing continues".©Standard Gazette, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s publisher is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Standard Gazette with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.