Oromoni: Family Doctor Says No Proof He Took Chemical Substance

Aghoho Owhojede, the family doctor for Sylvester Oromoni, the deceased Dowen College pupil in Lagos, testified that there is no proof that the 12-year-old swallowed any chemical substance.

Sylvester Oromoni
Sylvester Oromoni

Oromoni died in November after five of his colleagues allegedly attacked him for refusing to join a cult.

His father stated he was attacked and given a liquid substance, which caused him to die.

Dowen College, on the other hand, had dismissed the claim, claiming that the kid had been injured while playing football with his classmates.

The Lagos police commissioner, Hakeem Odumosu, has ordered an investigation into the case, and the institution has been closed.

The dead was subjected to two autopsies, one by the Delta police and the other by the force's Lagos command.

Oromoni died of "acute lung injury due to chemical intoxication," according to the first autopsy.

Oromoni died naturally, not from chemical poisoning, according to the Director of Public Prosecution's conclusion following the second autopsy.

Owhojede admitted that a football injury can result in an open cut and the spread of infection, such as sepsis, which was diagnosed as the cause of Oromoni's death in his second autopsy.

Despite admitting that there was no proof, he refused to rule out the possibility that the youngster died as a result of "blunt force trauma (beating)."

©Standard Gazette, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s publisher is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Standard Gazette with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Translate »
Share on Social Media