Police Arrest A Man Who Murdered His Friend's Fiance'

Reading Time: 2 minutes

Police have arrested a man accused of killing his friend's fiance' in Nairobi.

Edwin Onditi Odada was nabbed after being on the run for more than one week. He is alleged to have murdered Pamela Asesa in Nairobi's Umoja Estate.

According to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations, on July 12, James Samson Odour, the deceased's lover, returned home as usual at around 8pm, tired after a long day of work, expecting to be received into the warm arms of his lover.

Oduor, who works at an engineering company along Mombasa Road, arrived at his house only to find it inaccessible after being locked.

At first, he assumed that his fiancé had probably gone out to shop for dinner, but her phone constantly went unanswered. Not until minutes turned into hours without her showing up he smelt a rat.

He contacted a friend who showed up immediately, and they broke into the house together. What they witnessed sent shockwaves all over Oduor's body.

His Fiancé's lifeless body was lying sprawled on their bed. A T-shirt had been inserted into the deceased mouth, while the body had visible scratch marks on the neck, indicating that she had been strangled.

The deceased appeared to have been sexually assaulted before she breathed her last.

Preliminary investigations indicated that Edwin Onditi Odada, the main suspect, was seen leaving Oduor's house at around 4pm on that fateful day.

"Detectives have established that the deceased had initially reported to his boyfriend that at one time on an earlier date, the suspect had attempted to rape her," said the DCI.

The suspect had been close friends with Oduor, and they even resided in the same house where the beastly act was committed.

Oduor had expelled Odada from the house after learning that he had attempted to rape his girlfriend, only for him to return on the fateful night where he found the deceased alone in the house and resorted to strangling her to death.

Odada has since confessed to having committed the murder. A second suspect, Samuel Juma Otieno, was found to be in possession of the deceased's mobile phone.

Criminal records have revealed that Edwin Onditi Odada had previously been sentenced to life imprisonment by Oyugis high court following a case of defilement in 2017.

He was later released after a successful appeal in 2020.

©Standard Gazette, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s publisher is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Standard Gazette with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Translate »