The Old Bailey has convicted Khallid Hogan over the murder of a 29-year-old man in Enfield.
Hogan, 29, of Manor Court, Enfield, shot Abdullahi Mohamoud in the head at a fast-food restaurant in March 2020.
On Wednesday, 11 August, he was convicted of murder after a five-week trial at the Old Bailey.
He will be sentenced at the same court on Monday, 4 October.
The court was told how Hogan walked into a restaurant in Herford Road, Enfield and fired several shots at Abdullahi.
The convict fired four shots but missed his target and other people in the restaurant.
Abdullahi ran through the backdoor into the large yard garages to escape.
As he was climbing a concrete wall, Hogan fired another shot towards him, hitting him on the head.
Hogan fled the scene after seeing His target collapsed a short distance later.
Despite the efforts of medical professionals, Abdullahi died in hospital later the same day.
Through CCTV analysis and mobile phone usage, Detective launched an investigation and discovered that Hogan had been the passenger in a car that arrived at the fast-food restaurant shortly after Abdullahi arrived.
It was gathered that Hogan was tipped off that Abdullahi was was in the fast-food restaurant and had then travelled there to shoot him.
Forensic firearms specialists established that the style of the firing marks on the cartridge cases and projectiles found at the scene indicated a 9mm Makarov self-loading pistol could have fired them.
In an attempt to give himself an alibi, Hogan phoned his friend, Alex Weekes and kept the line open during the shooting.
Police arrested Weekes, 20, of Brimsdown Avenue, Enfield, on 25 April and charged him with perverting the course of justice.
He was also found guilty following a trial at the Old Bailey.
Hogan was arrested on 11 May and gave a ‘no comment’ interview.
Detective Chief Inspector Claire Hine, the lead investigator, said: “Hogan carried out a cold-blooded and premeditated attack on Abdullahi Mohamoud, shooting at him at least five times. It was extremely fortunate that nobody else was injured in this incident as there were four other people in the restaurant at the time.
“Thanks to the tireless and meticulous work of my team of detectives, who pieced together Hogan’s movements on the day of the murder by analysing hours of CCTV footage and mobile phone usage data, he has now been convicted of murder and will go to prison for a long time.
“Violence of this kind on the streets of London will not be tolerated, and Met officers and detectives work 24/7 to ensure that people like Hogan are arrested and prosecuted as swiftly as possible.”©Standard Gazette, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s publisher is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Standard Gazette with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.