Police have launched an investigation following a fatal stabbing of a teenager in Sydenham.
The incident happened on Miall Walk, SE26, shortly after 21.30hrs on Friday, 25 June.
Police attended with Ambulance Service and found a 19-year-old man suffering stab wounds.
The boy was pronounced dead at the scene despite efforts of emergency services.
The police said the man’s next of kin had been informed while formal identification awaits.
A post-mortem examination will be carried out in due course.
Homicide detectives from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command are leading the investigation.
No suspect arrested at this time.
Detective Chief Inspector Chris Wood said: “Met officers have been working through the night to commence what will be a rigorous investigation into the death of this young man. Police cordons remain at the location as a painstaking forensic examination gets underway.
“The victim’s mother has been to the scene and has met with officers. She and other family members will be provided with ongoing support, and my heart goes out to her as she faces up to the first day of the rest of her life without her son.
“I can assure her, and indeed all Londoners, of my total commitment to finding the person or persons responsible for this murder and bringing them to justice.
“The support of the local community, and of anyone who may know anything about this tragic incident, will also be crucial. If you have any information, please get in touch.”
The police is appealing to anyone with useful information to assist the investigation.
Any witnesses who are yet to speak with police are urged to call 101, ref8005/25June. To remain anonymous, please contact Crimestoppers©Standard Gazette, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s publisher is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Standard Gazette with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.