Murder Probe Launched After 33-year-old Man Stabbed To Death In East London

A 33-year-old man has been stabbed to death in east London, police confirmed. 

Detectives are appealing to witnesses or anyone with footage to come forward.

The incident happened at 20:26hrs on Tuesday, 21 September at East Ferry Road, E14.

The man was stabbed after a fight broke out between a group of males.

Despite an effort by paramedics at the site and the London Police, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Met police said officers administered CPR before the arrival of London Ambulance Service paramedics.

His next of kin have been informed and are being supported by a specialist officer. 

Detectives await a formal identification of the victim.

Murder Investigation
Murder Investigation

Officers from Crime Command led by Detective Chief Inspector Laurence Smith have launched a murder investigation.

DCI Smith said: “Although we are at the very early stages of this investigation, we are exploring a number of lines of enquiry and believe at this stage that this was an isolated incident involving parties known to each other.

“My officers remain in the area speaking with people and conducting door to door enquiries. Local residents can expect to see them in the area throughout the day.

“If you have information, images or footage relating to any stage of this incident, please do feel free to approach them, or, if you prefer, contact us directly or anonymously via Crimestoppers.

“We are aware of footage circulating on social media, and I respectfully ask that this footage not be shared further as it not only encourages unhelpful speculation but could compromise any future legal proceedings.

“No matter how small or insignificant your information seems, it could be a missing piece of the puzzle or may confirm the information provided by someone else. If you can help, please do make the call.”

Detective Chief Superintendent Marcus Barnett, Commander for the Central East Command, which covers Tower Hamlets, said: “I am deeply saddened that another life has been taken by knife crime and as a result, another family devastated by such an incident.

“My local officers remain at the crime scene and will be supporting the community and working closely with our Specialist Crime investigators who will; I can assure you, do everything possible to find those responsible.

“In the coming days, there will be increased levels of visible patrols to provide reassurance to those living, working and travelling in the area.

“I know that this needless death will send shockwaves through our communities. My message to the community is clear – we are here for you.

“If you have any information about the incident, then please get in touch, or, if you have concerns around local community safety, contact your local Neighbourhoods Policing Team or speak with officers as they conduct their patrols.”

A crime scene remains in place, and the police said there had been no arrests.

Anyone with information or footage is advised to call the Incident Room on 020 8 345 3895, call 101 or Tweet @MetCC.

©Standard Gazette, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s publisher is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Standard Gazette with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More