Police Release Image Of Man Linked To Ponders End Park’s Attack

Met Police have released an image of a male linked to a serious unprovoked assault in Enfield in 2020.

The man is believed to be connected to a 45-year-old man who was attacked while walking through Ponders End Park.

The incident happened on Tuesday, 23 June 2020, at approximately 21:00hrs.

The victim was allegedly approached and attacked. He was taken to the hospital, having suffered facial injuries.

The police said the man continues to receive treatment to this day.

The police said the North Area Command Unit CID launched an investigation, but despite extensive efforts to trace the man, “he has so far not been identified”.

According to Detective Sergeant Simon Philips, “This appalling attack happened on a warm, sunny evening, in full view of a large number of people who were out in the park.

“We have followed a number of leads, but our efforts so far have been without success. The images we have are of good quality, though; therefore, I am confident that someone out there knows who this man is and can help us. Please do make the call immediately.”

Detectives are appealing to anyone who is able to identify the male from the images or has information that could assist the investigation to contact North Area CID via 101 quoting 7416/24FEB2021.

Alternatively, tweet @MetCC, or to remain 100% anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

©Standard Gazette, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s publisher is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Standard Gazette with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More