Sarah Everard: Police Found ‘Human Remains’ In Kent

  • Identity of police suspect revealed

Police investigating the disappearance of a 33-year-old Sarah Everard who went missing in Clapham, south-west London, say they have found ‘human remains’.

Investigators started the search for Sarah on Wednesday, March 3, after she left a friend’s house and never arrived home.

Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick confirmed the ‘human remains’ during a press briefing this evening.

Sarah Everard
PC Wayne Couzens was named locally as the officer arrested in connection with Ms Everard’s disappearance (Picture: Kent Messenger/SWNS)

She said the remains were found in an area of woodland in Ashford, Kent.

She also said it would take a ‘considerable time’ to confirm the identity.

The Police has named PC Wayne Couzen, 48, a father of two as the serving officer who was arrested on suspicion of murder and kidnap of Sarah Everard.

Investigators had earlier said PC Couzen was not on duty at the time the marketing executive went missing.

The Police also arrested him for indecent exposure.

Investigators also arrested a woman in her 30s at the same address in Kent on suspicion of helping an offender, and both suspects have remained in custody at press time.

Commissioner Dame said, “The news today that it was a police officer who was arrested on suspicion of Sarah’s murder has sent shockwave and anger through the public and through the Met.

“I speak on behalf of all my colleagues when I say we are utterly appalled at this dreadful news. Our job is to patrol the street and to protect people.

“Sarah’s disappearance in these awful and wicked circumstances, I know, is every family’s worst nightmare.”

The Police said residents might experience an increasing number of police officers and patrols in the area and urge residents to report any concerns.

Police search focus in two locations in Kent – a woodland in Ashford and a house in Deal.

Residents said they saw multiple cars taken away from the property and later, police dug up the garden, Metro news quote a neighbour.

The report said police later put up a metal fence surrounding the front garden and driveaway. The neighbour confirmed that the resident belongs to a police officer who lives with his wife and two children.

According to the resident, Metro reports said “they just seemed like a normal, regular family, there was nothing strange about them at all.”

Earlier police report indicated that Everard walked from her friend’s house in Clapham through Clapham Commons towards her home in Brixton.

The journey, the police said, was supposed to take 50 minutes but Ms Everard never arrived home.

Footage from a doorbell camera showed Sarah walking along the A205 Poynders Road towards Tulse Hill south of Brixton around 9.30 pm on the night of her disappearance.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More