Two jailed for retaliatory murder of Camron Smith in Croydon

Reading Time: 3 minutes

Two men who fatally stabbed Camron Smith in Croydon have been jailed.

Cameron was murdered in a shocking attack by a group of boys after forcing their way into his home.

Romain La Pierre, 20, of Celia Road, and Jordan Tcheuko, 19, of St. Johns Road, HA9, were sentenced at the Old Baily on Friday, 2 December.

La Pierre was sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum of 28 years for murder and nine years imprisonment for robbery. These sentences are to be served currently.

Camron Smith, Jordan Tcheuko and Romain La Pierre
Camron Smith, Jordan Tcheuko and Romain La Pierre

Tcheuko was sentenced to 15 years imprisonment for manslaughter.

The duo was convicted at the same court on Wednesday, 26 October.

Cameron was killed on Bracken Avenue in Shrublands, Croydon, around 12m on 1 July 2021.

Officers and London Ambulance Service Paramedics attended and found Cameron with stabbed wounds.

The effort to revive him at the scene failed, and he was pronounced dead a short time later.

How they murdered Camron Smith

The defendants and some of their cohorts called a mini-cab at Fieldend Road in Streatham and robbed the driver with a knife held to his throat while they took away his phone and his car.

They traveled in convoy with two mopeds to hunt for their rivals in a crime spree across Croydon.

Armed with knives, they went on a rampage, looking for the rivals who allegedly stabbed one of their associates, Jerome Taylor, on Pawson's Road in Croydon on the afternoon on 30 June 2021.

Hunting in a pack, they entered three homes in Croydon. The first was no longer occupied by the person they were looking for, and the new occupier awoke to find a masked male in her bedroom.

The group couldn't get in at the second address, so they moved on to the third address at Bracken Avenue, where they kicked down the door to Camron's home.

Investigators found out that they chased their victims to his mother's bedroom, where he had run for shelter. There, they murdered him.

The team spent at least two minutes before they fled the area in the same stolen mini-cab they arrived with.

Investigators found DNA evidence in the mini cab.

Detective Sergeant Mike Seager of the Met's Specialist Crime Commandsaid:"Camron was from Shrublands in Croydon and was just 16 years old when his life was so brutally ended in a frenzy of violence in his own home.

"I am an experienced homicide detective and was shocked by the injuries inflicted on Camron. From the very start, my team was determined that those responsible should not be permitted to move freely within the community.

"Despite the complexity of the investigation and attempts to hinder our enquiries, we have succeeded in bringing most of those involved to justice. However, let me make it clear, the investigation remains open, and we will not stop until we have put all of those involved before the courts.

"Despite the ages of the defendants, they are violent in the extreme, and I am pleased with the jury's verdicts and that the sentences reflect the severity of the offenses. My team worked tirelessly, facing many challenges, and I am very proud of each and every one of them.

"It is my sincere hope that the conclusion of these proceedings brings a small measure of closure and comfort to Camron's loved ones."

©Standard Gazette, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s publisher is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Standard Gazette with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Translate »