Two men stabbed in Tower Hamlets. 1 dead, other in critical condition

Reading Time: 2 minutes

The Met's police have launched an investigation after a teenager was stabbed in Tower Hamlets.

A second teenager was admitted to the hospital in critical condition, the police said.

The incident happened around midnight on Sunday, 4 September. Police arrived at the scene at 00:09 to a report of a disturbance involving a large number of people in Lichfield Road, E3.

Officers, London Ambulance Service, and London's Air Ambulance attended and found two males with stab wounds.

They were both taken to a hospital in East London.

Murder investigation launched after man shot in Enfield two years ago dies in hospital
London Police

Despite best efforts, one of the males, 17, was pronounced dead at 01:54hrs.

His next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specially trained officers.

Detective Chief Inspector Mark Rogers of the Met's Specialist Crime Command is leading the investigation - he said:"This is a highly worrying incident that has left one young man dead and another fighting for his life in hospital. My thoughts and prayers are with their families and friends at this difficult time.

"I also want to reassure them and the wider community that my team and I are working around the clock to establish exactly what has happened and who is responsible. I would ask anyone who witnessed this incident or may have information that could help our investigation to please get in touch with us and share what you know.

"I am aware of reports saying that about a hundred people armed with weapons were involved. While I would stress that our investigation is in its very early stages, this information does not appear to be wholly accurate. We know a significant number of people were caught up in this incident but not necessarily directly involved or armed with weapons."

The second stabbed victim, 18, remains in critical condition, investigators confirmed in a statement on Saturday.

A murder investigation has been launched and is currently at its early stage. No arrests have been made.

Detectives are appealing to anyone with useful information or captured footage, or images should call the Major Incident Room on 0208 345 3715, giving the reference Operation Wildcast.

Information can also be provided to the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

©Standard Gazette, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s publisher is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Standard Gazette with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Translate »