2020 Election: Dominion Slams Fox News With $1.6bn Lawsuit

Follow
( 0 Followers )
X

Follow

E-mail : *
  • last month, Smartmatic also sues Fox News for $2.7 billions

Another defamation suit has hit Fox News and its owner, Rupert Murdoch, over the role the network played in the 2020 presential election.

Dominion Voting System, an election technology company that Donald Trump and his allies berated baselessly for election fraud has gone after its accusers.

Dominion was accused of rigging the voting machine in favour of Joe Biden even though no single evidence was provided to back up the baseless claims.

According to the NYTimes report, the Voting technology company accused Fox News on Friday of advancing lies that tarnished its reputation and business.

Dominion is seeking 1.6 billion in damages, making it a total of $4.3 billion lawsuits against Fox News and its owner.

Two months ago, Smartmatic, another election Technology Company sued Fox News for 2.7 billion.

Others added in the lawsuit were Fox News Anchors – Jeanie Pirro, Maria Bartiromo and Lou Dobbs.

Dominion Voting System
Dominion Voting System

Dominion has accused Fox of playing a significant role in spreading false information that has tarnished his reputation.

It could be recalled that Trump’s former lawyer, Rudolph Giuliani, Sidney Powell, and Trump children – Trump Jr and Eric Trump, all peddled the unfounded allegations that the machine was manipulated in Joe Biden’s favour.

Dominion had also sued Giuliani and Ms Powell in January, seeking over $1 billion.

Another Trump’s ally who has been slammed is the chief Executive of Mypillow, Mike Lindell – All were regular guests on Fox News accusing the voting tech company of fraud.

Dominion’s lawyer, according to NYtimes, accused Fox of selling a false story of election fraud for its own selfish commercial purpose. “If this case does not rise to the level of defamation by a broadcaster, then nothing does,” he reportedly said.

Meanwhile, Fox has continued to maintain its stance on its 2020 election coverage. The network said in a statement on Friday that its coverage “stands in the highest tradition of America journalists”. It pledged to “vigorously defend against this baseless lawsuit in court.”

©Standard Gazette, 2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s publisher is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Standard Gazette with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More