Email: [email protected]
President Donald Trump is moved to Walter Reed Medical Centre where he will remain for the next few days.
This is hours after Mr Trump announced via Twitter that he and his wife, Melania Trump have tested positive for COVID-19.
The White House officials said on Friday that the move is a “precautionary measure.”
The President’s physician said Mr Trump was given a dose of experimental Regeneron treatment.
“President Trump remains in good spirts, has mild symptoms, and has been working throughout the day,” press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said. “Out of an abundance of caution, and at the recommendation of his physician and medical experts, the President will be working from the presidential offices at Walter Reed for the next few days. President Trump appreciates the outpouring of support for both he and the First Lady.”
On Friday morning, the White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows told journalists that the President was experienging “mild symptoms.”.
The New York Times quotes two people closed to Trump who confirmed that has developed a low-grade fever, nasal congestion and a cough.
Vice President Mike Pence had earlier told some governors during a conference call on Friday that Mr Trump was planning to convalesce at the White House.
President Trump had planned two rallies in Wisconsin this weekeed, even after learning that the state is currently in a “red zone”, placed by the President’s White House coronavirus task force.
The development has led to the suspension of all campaigns, according to the President’s campaign manager, Bill Stepien who said “All previously announced campaign events involving the President’s participation are in the process of being moved to virtual events or are being temporarily postponed.
“In addition, previously announced events involving members of the first family are also being temporarily postponed,” the NYT reports.